Brand Name : TRIPNIL – 10
Composition : Amitriptyline HCL I.P. – 10 mg Excipients – q.s.
Packing : (20x 10)
Amitriptyline HCL Tablets
- The medicine belongs to the group of medications known as tricyclic antidepressants. The medication is primarily used for the treatment of neuropathic pain, depression, and migraine. Amitriptyline HCL Tablets
help uplift the mood and improve feelings of well-being. Additionally, the medication also helps in treating chronic tension-type headaches and provides relief from anxiety and tension. The tablets help the patient to sleep better and help boost their energy levels. The dosage and length of this medication will depend on factors like your age and how severe your medical condition is. Amitriptyline HCL Tablets are easily available and come with the brand name TRIPNIL – 10 by lifegenix.
Working Mechanism of Amitriptyline HCL Tablets 10mg
The medication contains Amitriptyline in it, which is known as a tricyclic antidepressant. The drug has sedative and anticholinergic properties. It helps in stopping the reuptake, and therefore the inactivation of neurotransmitters known as serotonin and noradrenaline, which are present at the nerve terminals in the human brain. This reuptake prevention of these monoamine neurotransmitters enhances their activity in the brain. This process appears to be related to antidepressant actions and helps in regulating and uplift the mood. The process also prevents the transmission of pain signals from nerves to the brain hence providing relief from neuropathic pain
As mentioned above, the medication will be prescribed to you based on your medical condition and how your body responds to the treatment. Take the medication as prescribed by your healthcare provider and for as long as it is prescribed. Consume the Amitriptyline HCL Tablet 10mg with a glass of water, without breaking, chewing, or crushing it. Complete your course of treatment and do not stop taking the medication mid-way through your treatment, even if you feel better or it may enhance the possibilities of side effects.
Side Effects of Amitriptyline HCL Tablets
The medication is safe for consumption and does not cause any side effects. However, in some rare cases, unpleasant adverse effects may take place. The side effects of this medication are very rare to appear and usually fade on their own after some time, in case they appear. But do consult your doctor, if you feel that the side effects of this medication are persistent and are not going away.
Some of the common side effects of Amitriptyline HCL Tablets 10mg may include:
Constipation, Orthostatic hypotension, Nasal congestion, Dryness of mouth, Weight gain, Dizziness, Aggressive behaviour, Decreased libido, Headache, Sleepiness, Decreased sodium level in the blood, Loss of accommodation, Confusion, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Fatigue, Speech disorder, Micturition disorders, Abnormal ECG, Paresthesia, Erectile dysfunction, Taste change, Nausea.
Some of the important precautions and warnings to keep in mind about Amitriptyline HCL Tablets are:
Important Advice To Remember
- The medication may take 4 to 6 weeks to start working. Hence, keep taking it as prescribed without skipping any doses.
- The consumption of the medicine may cause sleepiness. Therefore, take the medication during bedtime and avoid driving or doing anything that requires concentration until you know how the medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming any alcoholic beverages when taking the medicines as it may cause excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
- The intake of the medicine may cause a sudden drop in your blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any sudden mood changes or develop any suicidal thoughts.