Brand Name : PANTAFLEX - 40
Composition : Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets
Packing : (10 x 15)
Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets –
The medication is primarily used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems such as GERD, heartburn, and peptic ulcers. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a medical condition in which an individual keeps getting acid reflux. Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets can also be taken on rare conditions known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. This syndrome is a rare health condition that is mainly caused by tumors in the gut or the pancreas. The tablets help eliminate symptoms such as chronic cough, acidity, heartburn, or trouble breathing. The medication works by healing acid damage in the stomach which allows prevents peptic ulcers.
How does Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets I.P. 40mg work?
Pantoprazole is a PPI also known as a proton pump inhibitor. The work of this PPI is to decrease the amount of excessive acid in the stomach. This process leads to giving relief from acid-related indigestion and heartburn. It also helps in healing the acid damage in the esophagus and stomach. This healing helps in preventing ulcers and even cancer of the esophagus in some cases. Pantoprazole often comes in tablet form. The medication protects from the damage caused by GRED. In this condition, the acid from the stomach flows backward which is the main cause of heartburn and acidity.
Uses of Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets
- The tablets are primarily used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems.
- It treats problems such as gastroesophageal reflux disease, heartburn, and peptic ulcers.
- Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant medicine can also be taken on rare conditions known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- The medication help get rid of symptoms such as chronic cough, acidity, heartburn, or trouble breathing.
- It also works by healing acid damage in the stomach which helps prevent peptic ulcers.
Side Effects of Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets
Consumption of this medication may often lead to certain side effects. However, the side effects in this scenario are mild, temporary, and fade away easily. But the effects can be harmful if taken leniently. So, consult your doctor the minute you feel that your side effects are taking too long to fade.
Some of the side effects that can occur by consuming Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Tablets I.P. 40mg are:
- Joint pain
- Abdominal Pain
Precautions for Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant Medication
There are also some precautions that you can take to avoid the side effects of Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant tablets such as:
- The medication is suggested to take at least 1 hour prior to meal preferably in the mornings.
- Inform the doctor immediately if you experience watery diarrhea, abdominal pain, or any fever.
- Avoid taking the Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant medication for the long term unless it is advised by a doctor as the long usage of the medicine may cause weak bones.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience lower back pain, fever, rash, edema, reduce urination, or nausea. As these may be signs of any kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if the symptoms of our medical condition are not going away even after taking the tablets for 14 days.
So, the above listed are some precautions and warnings to keep in mind while consuming the Pantoprazole Gastro-Resistant 40mg medicine. Apart from this, the medication is entirely safe for consumption for getting rid of certain stomach issues. Consume the medication as prescribed by your doctor and do not stop the medical treatment unless advised to.