Brand Name : DEPONIL - 200
Composition : Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg
Packing : (10 x 10)
Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg is an atypical antipsychotic. These antipsychotic medications are used in the treatment of a disorder called schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that is characterized by disturbed behavior, emotions, thoughts, perception of reality, and so on. Amisulpride works by regulating the action of a certain chemical messenger called dopamine in the brain that affects thoughts. The chronic symptoms of Schizophrenia disorders are hallucination, delusion, mood swings, altered behavior, change of thought process, etc. The main purpose of the Amisulpride Tablets is to control the psychotic symptoms of the brain and provide healthcare support to the patient.
Schizophrenia disorder is also called mental illness, mental disorder, and psychosis. The disorder can be treated and prevented with the help of Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg. Take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Your healthcare provider will give you the proper instructions about how to take the medication and when to take the medication. The total duration of consuming the tablets would vary on your medical condition. Do not stop taking the medicine in mid-course even when there is a sign of remission unless say so. Stopping the medication mid-way through the course can worsen your medical condition.
How to Take Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg?
Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg is the medication that belongs to the antipsychotic class of medication. The tablets help in treating the Schizophrenia disorder in the brain. The medicine should be taken as prescribed by your doctor or pharmacist. Your doctor will tell you about the time to take the medicine depending on your dosage. The dosages are preferably taken same time of the day. You can either take the medication between the meals or take it during bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy.
Remember to read the manufacturer’s printed leaflet information from inside the pack. It will give you information about the tablets and the effects you can get after consuming the medicine. Do not take two dosages together; in case you forget to take your first dose just skip it. The tablets are best to swallow with a drink or water, any fluid you are comfortable with.
Uses of Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg
- The antipsychotic Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg works by regulating the action of a certain chemical messenger called dopamine in the brain that affects thoughts.
- The purpose of the Amisulpride Tablets is to control the psychotic symptoms of the brain and best provide healthcare support to the patient. Some of such uses of Amisulpride Tablets are:
- The medication helps take care of symptoms of Schizophrenia disorders. The symptoms such as hallucination, delusion, mood swings, altered behavior, change of thought process, etc.
Common Side effects of Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg
Now, as we talk about modulating certain chemical substances in the brain with the help of these medications. There is the possibility of some side effects occurring after consuming the tablets. Consult your doctor if such side effects start to occur:
- Blurred vision
- The increased prolactin level in blood
- Extrapyramidal symptoms
Advises to Follow - Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg
- Be careful while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Amisulpride Tablets can cause blurred vision and dizziness.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol while on treatment. It may worsen your side effects.
- Rise slowly, if you have been lying and sitting down for long.
- Inform your doctor in cases of pregnancy, breastfeeding, or planning on conceiving.
- Do not take the medication without consulting your doctor first.
Q. When is the best time to take Amisulpride Tablets I.P. 200mg?
A. You can either take the medication between the meals or take it during bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy.
Q. Can Amisulpride medicine be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
A. Consult your doctor in case of pregnancy, breastfeeding, or if you are planning on conceiving.
Q. Whether Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic or not?
A. Yes, Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic used to treat schizophrenia disorder.
Q. Does Amisulpride tablet cause sleepiness?
A. Yes, the usage of the table may cause sleepiness, less alertness, dizziness, or even blurred vision.