Brand Name : ALPHARAB– DSR
Composition : Rabeprazole Sodium I.P. – 20 mg. (as Enteric Coated Pellets) Domperidone B.P. – 30 mg.
(as Sustained Release Pellets) Excipients – q.s.
Packing : (10 x 10)
Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Capsules
- The capsules are a gastrointestinal medicine primarily used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and Peptic ulcer disease. The medicine is a composition of two drugs and collectively, they lessen the stomach's production of acid and the sensations of nausea and vomiting. Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Capsules
also cures Zollinger Ellison syndrome, peptic ulcer disease, and hyperacidity-related symptoms of acid reflux. In GERD, an excessive amount of stomach acid causes the sphincter at the top of the stomach to become inflamed and damaged. This leads to heartburn and discomfort in the stomach ensue from the stomach liquid and acid flowing back into the food pipe.
Working Mechanism of Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Capsules
As stated above, gastrointestinal medication is a combination of two medicines named Rabeprazole Sodium and Domperidone. A proton pump inhibitor (PPI), rabeprazole helps to relieve acid-related indigestion and heartburn by lowering the quantity of stomach acid. On the other hand, in order to accelerate the movement of the stomach and intestines and facilitate easier passage of food via the stomach, the prokinetic drug domperidone acts on the upper digestive system. These two medication works simultaneously with each other to help provide relief from acidity and heartburn.
Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Capsules Uses
- The medication is used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and Peptic ulcer disease.
- The capsules also help also cure Zollinger Ellison syndrome, peptic ulcer disease, and hyperacidity-related symptoms of acid reflux.
- The use of the medicine help lessens the stomach's production of acid and the sensations of nausea and vomiting.
Potential Side Effects of Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Medicine
The consumption of this medicine may some time to a few unpleasant after-effects. The side effects of this medication are very rare to appear as the use of this medicine is considered safe. However, in some unlikely cases, you may experience some adverce reactions. The side effects of this medication are moderate and do not require any significant medical attention and resolve on their own after your body adapts to the medicine. However, have a talk with your doctor, if you feel that the side effects are persistent and you are worried about them.
Some of the common side effects of Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Capsules may include:
- Inflammation of the nose
- Abdominal Pain
- Back Pain
Important Points to Remember
Some of the important precautions and warnings to keep in mind about Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone Capsules are:
- This gastrointestinal medicine has been used for the treatment of acid reflux and heartburn.
- Take it before a meal, ideally in the morning, and take it an hour before.
- It is a medication that is well-tolerated and lasts a very long period.
- If you get a fever, watery diarrhea, or persistent stomach pain, call your doctor right immediately.
- After taking it for 14 days, if you still don't feel better, let your doctor know as you might have another issue that needs care.
- Long-term use can result in mineral deficiencies, such as a magnesium deficit, and weak bones.
- As suggested by your doctor, get enough calcium and magnesium in your diet or as supplements.